We are Project EPSILON, a new team of highly motivated professionals with experience at the intersection of tech, media, and democracy. We are building a product that will enable audience-driven media organizations to get better audience feedback, earn trust, and grow revenues.
After several months in the customer discovery phase, we are finally ready to hire Full Stack Developers to lead our product development. You will be joining us as our first technical person, so you can expect loose ends and -simultaneously- great flexibility. Practically, we are looking for our technical co-founder.
We are based in the Starttech Ventures headquarters in downtown Athens, and we tend to work in a hybrid environment (3 days in the office, two days remotely). We take advantage of what remote offers, but we like to work side-by-side, meet our colleagues, and discuss ideas out in the open. Coming to work at this stage of our company is more than adding checkmarks to a task list.
- Shape our software architecture and influence our development methodologies.
- Write, test, document, and maintain our codebase. Keep the keys of our
masterbranch on GitHub.
- Be part of our product development efforts to ensure we provide the greatest possible value to our customers.
- Collaborate with our designers to convert our Figma prototypes to a working MVP, add new features to the platform as we grow.
- Integrate with external service providers (e.g., AWS, Stripe).
- Ensure code quality, test implementations, CI/CD.
Over the next six months, we will focus frenetically on our MVP, add meaningful features for our early adopters, and establish basic functionality. We follow the Lean Startup methodology, which means that we start small and grow bigger as we validate user needs in iteration circles.
- Experience in web development and/or software development.
- Experience and enjoy working in an agile environment.
- You are adaptable, resourceful, and able to develop effective solutions to problems.
- You have experience or are eager to develop software for front-end and back-end, using modern frameworks and libraries.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You can write and speak English in a professional environment. (We can help you grow this, see Benefits)
Nice to have
We are thinking of working with the MERN Stack (or adjacent variations), Django, Laravel, or other similar technologies. Any previous experiences will be considered a plus and will help us decide our overall approach. We are not going to argue about tabs vs. spaces - we just want to make sure that we are building a quality product that gives value to our users fast.
Also, any familiarity with the current landscape of news and media will be considered a plus, but it is not necessary - we will brief you.
- Proposed salary up to 1.500€.
- Company-wide bonus scheme and a great stock option plan.
- Hybrid work model (office & remote).
- Additional private insurance.
- Internal educational programs for further professional and personal development [foreign language classes, regular classes on philosophy, cryptography, quantum computing, etc.].
- Individual training budget for professional development and continuous training.
- Benefits package, incl. access to office gym, nutritionist, and much more.
- Equal opportunity and workplace diversity.
Send us your CV and anything you would like to add to our emails [email protected] and [email protected]. We will get back to you as soon as possible and book some time to meet with you, show you exactly what we are building, and see if we are a good fit for each other. If not, everything’s fine between us; it was a pleasure meeting you!
A Workable application form will become available soon!